Use of Information You Provide to Lennar
We may also use information provided by you or transmitted to us through the Properties to send you electronic and other messages about a property in one of our communities or an offering from one of our Lennar affiliates or subsidiaries. Your use of our Properties constitutes your permission to do so unless you specify otherwise pursuant to applicable law, as discussed below. We comply with the US Federal CAN-SPAM Act, and make every effort to ensure that our messages are not considered Spam. Of course, you may unsubscribe from any messages we send at any time and you will not receive further electronic messages from us after following the instructions included within the message.
Your Right to Control Communications
We may provide you with an “opt-in” or “opt-out” mechanism depending on where you are located when we collect your personal data. An “opt-in” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to positively indicate that you would like or do not object to our sending you such further communications and we will not send you any unless you have “opted-in." An “opt-out” mechanism will provide you the opportunity to indicate that you do not want us to send you such further communications, and if you “opt-out” we will not send you any. Either way, opting-in or opting-out will be up to you and, in addition, if you do not want us to use your personal data for a particular purpose or disclose it to a third party, you may “opt-out” at any time by contacting us as provided below.
Safeguarding Your Information
Information transmitted over the Internet may find its way to recipients to whom it is not intended or persons you may not want to have such information. Under certain circumstances, this may be beyond the control of Lennar, and you are advised that such transmission may not be secure. However, Lennar complies with applicable law regarding the safeguarding of your personal information, and we employ reasonable administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the security, confidentiality, and integrity of your information, as required by law. Further, we restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you.
Categories of Information We Collect
Contact Information: We may request and collect, without limitation, your name, address, email address, home telephone number, work telephone number, fax number and cell phone number.
Additional Information About You: We may request and collect, without limitation, information about the home you are purchasing, including the community, mailing address, and anticipated closing date.
When you make inquiries concerning career opportunities, we will request a copy of your resume, your highest level of education and information about the type of job you are seeking.
Access to Camera and Photos: Some of our mobile Properties may request access to your mobile device's camera and photos. We'll access your camera and photos only after you give us permission.
Comments to Our Blog Posts: When you post a comment to our blog, we collect your comment, name, and email address.
Additionally, we may collect nonpublic personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications or other forms, such as your name, address, social security number, assets, and income;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency, such as your creditworthiness and credit history; and
- Information about your transactions with us, Lennar Affiliates, or others, such as your payment history, the status of a loan application submitted to Lennar Affiliates, and parties to a transaction.
We may collect the following contact information that you provide, confirm, or update while using Lennar.com, myLennar, and/or CalAtlantichomes.com:
- The services that you desire to order and your preferences regarding service information (services information).
- Credit card information to pay for services that are ordered (credit card information).
- The email addresses of friends and family to receive a notification regarding your move (friends and family contact information).
- Your preferences regarding the forwarding of USPS mail (preferences information).
In some cases, we may combine information we collect through our Properties with information collected from other online and offline sources.
When you make inquiries concerning your current Lennar home, we will also request the identity of the community where your home is located.
If you are a real estate agent seeking information on our communities, a party interested in conducting business with Lennar or if you contact us with land you have for sale, we will request your contact information.
If you wish to contact our webmaster (email@example.com), we will request your contact information.
Categories of Information We Disclose
- In connection with the fulfilment of the services that you request through the Properties.
- Respond to your requests, comments and questions and identify your interests so that we may assist you in finding properties and services provided by Lennar and third parties that may be of interest to you.
- To enforce the Terms and Conditions applicable to the use of the Properties (please see the Terms and Conditions below).
- As required by law or valid legal process.
- In response to appropriate governmental requests.
- As we deem reasonably necessary to investigate, prevent or take other appropriate action in connection with potential illegal or fraudulent activities or potential risk to the personal safety of any individual or the security of your information.
- To manage our business.
- To protect our interests.
- To support direct marketing and other opportunities of Lennar and third parties as described herein.
- To assist you in finding products and services that may be of interest to you.
- Your credit card information in connection with any services that you request, and we will not retain your credit card information.
- Your friends and family contact information, in connection with the fulfilment of the moving notices that you request.
Parties to Whom We Disclose
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to the following types of select third parties:
- Financial service providers, such as mortgage bankers and insurance agents;
- Non-financial companies, such as retailers and direct marketers;
- We may use and share your contact information and new home information among Lennar Affiliates and subsidiaries to provide you with offers from Lennar Affiliates and subsidiaries that we believe may be of interest to you;
- We may share your contact information and new home information with third parties who assist Lennar in offering products or services to you;
- We may share your contact information and new home information with carefully selected third parties that agree with Lennar to offer products or services to users of the Properties.
Information Sharing with Companies that Perform Services on our Behalf
We may disclose any or all of the information we collect, as described above, to companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. The categories of third parties with whom we have contracted may include, among others:
- Financial service providers, such as credit card issuers, finance companies, insurance agencies or companies, banks, and mortgage companies; and
- Other service providers, such as tax vendors, print vendors, and software programmers.
Information Sharing with Non-Affiliated Companies
We may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties as permitted by law, including pursuant to consents that you provide. We may also, either directly or through Lennar Affiliates, share your nonpublic personal information with non-affiliated companies to market their products and services to you.
If you prefer that we not disclose nonpublic personal information about you to non-affiliated third parties to market their products and services to you, you may opt-out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures. If you wish to opt-out of disclosures to non-affiliated third parties to market their products and services to you, please indicate your selection by visiting www.lennar.com/legal/informationsharing and make the appropriate selections in the manner prescribed in the form. You may change your selection at any time in the future through the same web address.
Cookies and Interest-Based Advertising
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our Properties. These companies may collect information about your visits to our Properties and other websites and/or apps in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. We may also partner with ad networks and other companies that serve ads on behalf of us and others on non-affiliated digital properties. Some of those ads may be personalized, meaning that they are intended to be relevant to you based on information these ad networks collect about your visits to our Properties and other non-affiliated websites or apps over time.
You may visit www.aboutads.info/choices to learn more about interest-based advertising and how to opt-out of this form of advertising on your web browser by companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA") self-regulatory program. If you wish to opt-out of interest based advertising in mobile apps on your device by companies that participate in the DAA's AppChoices app, you may download that app onto your device and exercise your choice. AppChoices is available at the links below:
You may also be able to limit data collection by third parties by using your mobile device settings. Please note that electing to opt-out will not stop advertising from appearing in your browser or applications. It may make the ads you see less relevant to your interests. Additionally, please note that if you use a different browser or erase cookies from your browser, or use a different mobile device, you may need to renew your opt-out choices.
Your Privacy Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
Information Sharing with Affiliates
Except as provided below, we may disclose nonpublic personal information about you to Lennar Affiliates, including Eagle Home Mortgage, LLC (“EHM”), Eagle Home Mortgage of California (“EHM of CA”), and CalAtlantic Mortgage, Inc. (“CAM”) as permitted by law.
Notice of Your Ability to Limit Sharing of Creditworthiness Information
Under federal law, we are permitted to share information about our own transactions and experiences with you with Lennar Affiliates.
However, federal law gives you the right to limit our ability to share other information about your creditworthiness with Lennar Affiliates, such as information regarding your income, assets, and other liabilities that you provide to us or that we obtain from a consumer credit report. Federal law permits you to opt-out of the disclosure of your creditworthiness information among Lennar Affiliates. If you wish to opt-out of the disclosure of your creditworthiness information to Lennar Affiliates, contact us on the web as described below.
Notice of Your Choice to Limit Marketing
You may limit Lennar Affiliates, such as our mortgage lender or broker and insurance affiliates, from marketing their products or services to you based on your personal information that we collect and share with them. This information includes your income, your account history, and your credit history.
Your choice to limit marketing offers from Lennar Affiliates will apply until you tell us to change your notice preferences. If you wish to limit marketing offers, contact us on the web as described below.
In the process of purchasing a Lennar home, there may be a need for a variety of services including, but not limited to, home loan, title and homeowners insurance. In order to comply with our policy regarding your privacy, please choose your preferences for information sharing with our Lennar Affiliates (such as those involved in the home purchasing process, i.e., Eagle Home Mortgage (“EHM”), CalAtlantic Mortgage, Inc. (“CAM”), North American Title Company (“NAT”), CalAtlantic Title, Inc., CalAtlantic Title Atlanta, LLC, CalAtlantic Title of Maryland, Inc., CalAtlantic Title Charleston, LLC, CalAtlantic Abstract, Inc., SPH Title, Inc. (the CalAtlantic title agencies collectively “CAT”) and North American Advantage Insurance Services (“NAAIS”). You must choose your preferences for information sharing, including sharing with non-affiliated third parties and be able to change the selected “opt-in” or “opt-out” selections at any time in the future by visiting https://www.lennar.com/legal/informationsharing.
For EU and EEA Residents and Other International Visitors
The personal data you submit to Lennar will be transferred to the United States for the purposes described above which involve (1) fulfilling a request you submit to us for information about our services, (2) implementing pre-contractual measures at your request (such as processing your request for information about home buying opportunities in communities that interest you or an application you submit for mortgage financing), (3) enabling the performance of a contract you enter into with Lennar; or (4) pursue our legitimate interests in a manner that does not override your privacy rights.
We retain personal information for as long as we reasonably require it for legal or business purposes. When we no longer have a legitimate business interest in keeping your personal information, we securely delete or destroy it. In determining data retention periods, Lennar takes into consideration applicable laws, contractual obligations, and what we reasonably believe are your expectations and requirements. For example, if you purchase a home, we will retain your information for as long as you own your home and as long as required by our contracts and by law. If you submit an information request, we will retain your contact and preferences information and consider our relationship to remain active for marketing purposes after fulfilling any request you submit and until we take note that you no longer show interest in our products or services. If you request information regarding the personal information that we hold about you, we will make a reasonable effort to fulfill your request. Note that if you submitted an "opt-in" to allow transfer of your personal information to a vendor or other non-affiliated third party, we will not be able to take any action with respect to personal information under the control of such third party and you will need to submit your request directly to that third party.
Please contact us to make the following or other requests about your personal information:
- Restrict our use of your personal information and transfer of your personal information to Lennar Affiliates or non-affiliated third parties (including profiling to the extent that it is related to our marketing activities) as described above in "Opt-in/Opt-out Procedure." You may submit your instructions using the Opt-In/Opt-Out form or by notifying us at www.lennar.com/legal/informationsharing
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information (after receiving your notice of withdrawal of consent) for any purpose other than implementation of pre-contractual measures or performance of a contract currently underway by notifying us at firstname.lastname@example.org.; or by mail to Lennar, 681 Greens Parkway, #130, Houston, TX 77067; Attn: Digital Marketing Department.
- Access to your personal data and request that we provide you with your personal data in machine readable form.
- Request us to rectify any inaccurate personal data that we may hold;
- Request us to erase personal data where: it is no longer necessary for us to hold such personal data; you no longer consent to the processing of your personal data; your personal data has been unlawfully processed; we are otherwise required by law to erase your personal data
- Make a complaint with the national data protection authority in the country where you are based.
Privacy Rights in Other Jurisdictions
You may have rights, under applicable data privacy laws, to request information about or access to the personal information that we hold about you, to require that information to be corrected it is inaccurate or, in some circumstances, to object to our processing of your personal information. If you wish to exercise those rights, please send a written request to email@example.com.
For California Consumers
Your California Privacy Rights
You may request certain information from Lennar concerning the customer information that we have shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. The information, which we will provide free of charge once per calendar year upon request, includes a list of the types of customer information that we have provided to third parties for their direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we have shared such information during the past calendar year. We will provide the information to you within 30 days of your request.
To request that we provide you with such information, please send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Within 30 days of receiving your request, we will provide you with the information at the address you designate in your request, which may be an email address or physical address.
Thank you for taking the time to read all of this important information.